GBM has lots of benefits for our leaders, including:
- It streamlines their administration – managing everything in one place electronically helps to keep record keeping quick and easy
- All leaders can access the system (to different extents based on their role) whether they’re in a group, a district, or a region
- Recording young people’s data – so leaders can manage personal details including contact details for parents/carers and medical details; and communicate with parents/carers from GBM with email or text messaging
- Managing leaders’ data (with some restrictions)
- Keeping track of weekly attendance and linking this to their programme/badges
- Keeping badge records and managing their events/residential events
- Transferring members when they move up a section or even move to a different group
- Parents get access to a parent portal where they can sign their child up to events, see badge progress, and update details
- Track income and expenditure – recording receipts and payments for events and activities making it easy to make expense claims or analyse costs
- The system is used by thousands of leaders in Scouting, Guiding, and Boys’ Brigade
- It can be accessed online and offline on a computer or via a mobile device
- The system is safe, secure and data protection act compliant.
Our leaders have been sent an email with instructions on how to log-in. These details, plus all our training materials and training course/phone support dates can also be found here. These are password protected exclusively for registered GB leaders.
Assistant Director Catherine Burt says ‘We’ve been working hard behind the scenes on GB’s new database – Girls’ Brigade Manager (GBM). We’re already using it at GB’s Support Centre and now GB leaders, groups, districts and regions can use it too.
‘We know it’s a lot to get your head around – be kind to yourselves (and us!) as we grapple with it. We’ll get there and we’re excited about this step to streamline our administration and are confident it will make things smoother for you too.’